Sunday, December 24, 2006

What on earth is she doing now???

‘Twas the night before Christmas, the tree lights were glowing,
And up in the kitchen, a knitter was sewing…


She sewed for her friends, to make gifts that are swell,
She sewed not with pattern, but high hopes it’d go well…


Her family relaxed, stretching out on the couches,
While drinking and sweating, miss ewe made…

KNIT POUCHES!

Forgive the hideous poetry. There may have been a bit too much wine tonight!


Yep, I’m giving some of my knitty friends the gift of knit pouches. I probably shouldn’t be blogging it, but I’m not sure that anyone getting one will read this before they are received, so what the heck. I borrowed (and somewhat modified) the design from the origami bags at Lettuce Knit. The construction leaves you with a couple of pockets on the outside for notions, and a nice big space inside for your project. (especially good for socks or Fetching, or something small-ish, otherwise it’s good for feeding a ball to a larger project). And the long cords mean you can loop it through a belt loop or something if you want to subway-surf-knit, or knit while standing in a line (both of which I like to do). I’m pretty pleased with how they came out!!!

Merry Christmas!

7 Comments:

At 12:24 p.m., Blogger Allegra said...

Nice job on the pouches! They're cute!

 
At 6:49 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

I would say there was just enough wine, not too much! The pouches look great!

 
At 10:47 p.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Cute pouches and cute poem!

 
At 2:01 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

I. Want. One.

How much do I have to pay you for one?

I couldn't do the Boxing Day thing. My LYS owner asked me to do something with her that day and my loyalty to her (and her shop) won over my fibre lust. I hope you had a blast though.

 
At 5:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute!

 
At 10:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the rhyming! Hahahaha! So cool!

 
At 10:49 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - these are great!!!!!! If you ever come up with a pattern for these, I would love it!!! Or have you done that alread and I've missed it on your blog. hmmmmm.

Thanks so much

Jenny
Coffee Swap pal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home