Friday, December 22, 2006

a Christmas Miracle

It's a freakin' miracle.
There are cookies (only two batches, but still, be impressed that it happened at all this year).
ETA: there are now also Nanaimo bars. Yum. And now I pack...
And there is a Christmas Cowl.



Finished.
one day (started Wednesday, finished Thursday) + one skein (Misti Alpaca, worsted) = one cowl
I started out thinking I'd just make a pattern up, but when I was flipping through One Skein last week, I realized the "gaitor" pattern from the cable quartet might just work. A couple of gauge swatches later, and here we are. The baby alpaca is the softest, fuzziest thing I've ever knit, but it's too soft for good stitch definition, and it doesn't do justice to the cables. Still, I love this cowl, and I hope its Christmas recipient does too. (and is hopefully not allergic!)

Once finished, for the briefest flash I thought maybe I'd start on another Christmas present. Then I came to my senses and began Fetching last night. It looks gorgeous in Mission Falls, and I expect they'll get knit up quickly over the holiday at my mom's place.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas or whatever you're celebrating. Best of luck with the last minute knit-bits... you can do it!

I'll be at the Romni boxing day sale... anyone else???

PS: I'm in Grumperina's gallery and Yarnival! How 'bout that?!

5 Comments:

At 9:47 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the finishes!

 
At 11:39 a.m., Blogger Allegra said...

Bravo finishing everything!! That's a great Mission Falls color! Fetchings knit up quite quickly in that!!

 
At 12:40 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

I was going to tell you what a knitting genius you are but....

Wait! Romni has a BOXING DAY SALE? A good sale? Details please!

 
At 2:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that cowl looks awesome! Is fetching a sock pattern? It looks...well, fetching!

And, um, check your email.

 
At 11:50 a.m., Blogger allie said...

Oh, I loved making my Fetchings and I wear them almost daily. Mission Falls wool is SO soft... they'll turn out beautifully!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home