Saturday, December 02, 2006

consider this...






Yesterday was World Aids Day. Consider taking action, whether it's making a donation, or simply reading a little about it and thinking some. I know what a powerful force we knitters can be!




In knitting news, I am away from home (and not quite so internet connected!) on a contract. It's musical theatre, and therefore there is much "pit-knitting" going on. That's ORCHESTRA pit. Pit-knitting helps to pass the lengthy dialogue (non-music) scenes where actors attempt to out-do each other while advancing the plot. Since the knitting occurs without much thought on my part (quickly picking up/putting down project to be ready for the next number), it makes Christmas scarves grow magically without much effort! Paris Night should be done in a few more days... then there will be pictures.

Next up, an alpaca Christmas cowl. Still working out a "pattern" in my head...

3 Comments:

At 1:36 p.m., Blogger Allegra said...

Aaah, pit knitting. I haven't been able to enjoy that yet in my life, but I've thought about it many a pit!

 
At 4:08 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

A cowl - that sounds like a good idea. I should make one, too!

 
At 2:26 p.m., Blogger Lisa said...

I think "pit knitting" sounds much cooler than the "bus knitting" I do (which makes socks magically grow providing I'm not turning a heel). And here I thought musicians were supposed to sit there with their instruments held elegantly looking enraptured with whatever is going on on stage. Upon reflection - that would be really really boring night after night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home