Monday, March 26, 2007

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire

Wow, this is a great exchange. It's a one-time exchange where you send your spoilee a nice little treat package. Requirements are enough yarn for a one-skein type project, a magazine, a pampering treat and a tasty treat. Plus whatever else you want to put in... Seems like a manageable one for me! As much as I loved my Secret Pal exchange, I just don't have time/money/energy for that right now, but I still enjoy "meeting" new bloggers and thinking up fun ways to surprise someone.

Sign-ups for this one are explained here, and open til the end of the month.

Here's my questionnaire:

1. What's your favourite type of yarn?
Tough one... probably merino is a good answer. Cashmere makes me unbelievably happy, but I certainly don't expect anyone to send me that! I also enjoy alpaca quite a lot, and I have developed a fondness for silk. I like pretty hand-dyed and/or variegated yarns more than I can say.

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?
Acrylic. *shudder* And Fun Fur is Muppet Murder.

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
If it's a nice shop, I usually grin/giggle and bounce up and down twitching happily trying to figure out what to look at first. (can you say "over-stimulated"?) Then I wander the whole place fondling just about every yarn to get a sense of what they have, especially what I haven't seen before.

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
I am mostly a knitting addict now, but I like all kinds of crafty stuff like making stitch markers, paper-craft, occasional sewing (when I have a purpose and a machine in front of me) and I'm really excited about the package of shrinky-dink film I just bought...

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
I do a self-subscription to Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits (meaning I buy every issue as soon as it's on the stand!)

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden
1. Knitting
1.5. I'm gonna insert "world news" in here too. (I'm a junky for the New Yorker, the Economist, Time, Macleans, stuff like that for reading at the gym)
2. Food
3. Home
4. Fashion
5. Celebrity Gossip (guilty pleasure)
6. Other Craft
7. Crochet
8. Garden (I kill plants - what can I say, I have a BLACK thumb and no yard)

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
At present I'm addicted to socks, and I love making scarves for people. I have a new-found love of shawls. Kid's garments are a lot of fun, and I'll try to make just about anything that I really want to have!!!

8. Are you allergic to anything?
Strawberry, kiwi, raspberry, mango, guava, papaya, peaches, bee stings (please don't send me bee stings!).

9. What do you like to* smell of?(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of)
Umm... usually nothing. I like sandalwood a lot, vanilla or citrus is nice, and (like Andrea - good one!) I love to smell like the beach! (if only Calvin Klein really sold Kramer's beach scent...)

10. What's your favourite way to relax?
Knit, of course! Or read. Kick back with a nice glass of wine or a latte (depending) and knit. Especially with friends.

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
If I could only go to one place, I'd go to the cafe. Otherwise I'd hit the sweet shop to look for something vanilla-dark chocolatey (vanilla cremes are the BEST!), grab something (chocolate croissant?) at the bakery and then take it all to the cafe to enjoy with a good cuppa. (best for last)

12. What do you come out with?
What do you think it means if I spent more than a few seconds trying to figure out if this was a deep existential question. Then it dawned on me "What do you come out of the shop with?". Right. I guess I should have read through first.
I wouldn't come out of the cafe for a while, especially if they had comfy chairs and I had pointy sticks. Maybe I'd come out with a sexy Italian man and a smile on my face??? (heh heh heh)

13. Where do you go next?
Out to a fabulous dinner with Giuseppe. (you know, the one from the cafe).

14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
Umm, let's see... Some random comments based on the stuff on our lists: Face masks are fun, and I love interesting soaps. I don't tend to appreciate lotions or oily things too much, because I can't stand to feel greasy hands (I think it's a violin-playing thing). As for tea, I think I only drink herbal teas these days (the more flavourful the better!), going for coffee if I want caffeine. Other than that, I love surprises and I think this is an awesome exchange! For more details and a longer set of questions, you could check out my SP8 Questionnaire, if you're stumped.

4 Comments:

At 9:49 p.m., Blogger Andrea said...

This exchange should be fun. I think there are a lot of international people involved, which will be interesting. I'll send Canadian yarn.

 
At 9:39 a.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

Allergic to strawberries and raspberries. That's tragic. Tragic, I tell ya.

I'm all excited that you bought shrink film. We'll have to swap tips next time we get together.

 
At 10:51 a.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

I'm sorry you're allergic to all those fruits and bee stings...but your exchange sounds fun!

 
At 6:20 p.m., Blogger Deb said...

Thanks for the link- I signed up, too!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home