Thursday, May 03, 2007

the Well-Caffeinated Kate

My Coffee Swap Questionnaire...

QUESTIONS
1. Whole bean or ground? I have a grinder, but I usually buy espresso and flavoured coffees ground. My grinder doesn't really do espresso fine enough, and flavoured coffees kind of leave their signature on the grinder so the non-flavoured coffees are compromised. Bet you never realized how high-maintenance I could be over coffee!

2. Fully-loaded or decaf? I usually have herbal tea if I don't want caffeine, but I do keep a bit of decaf around for after dinner. Most of the time it's caffeine, and that's the point. I do, however, usually switch to decaf if I'm doing solos or auditions, because caffeine makes you twitch in a way that's not conducive to high-performance!

3. Regular or flavored? I know some coffee purists will disapprove, but I love flavoured coffee for plain old drip filtered. My flavours of choice are vanilla and/or hazelnut. Yum.

4. How do you drink your coffee? A good splash of cream (or whatever dairy is on hand) and a pinch of sugar. I often keep raw sugar around for coffee only.

5. Favorite coffee ever? Tough one. I'm a big fan of espresso based drinks like lattes. For brew coffee, my favourite bean may have been Timothy's Vanilla Hazelnut.

6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I'm pretty fussy about my coffee. I am sensitive to overly acidic coffees, and I cannot drink a lot of the donut chain coffees for this reason. (I end up feeling ill almost immediately).

7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? Wafer-type cookies that kind of dissolve on your tongue go well with coffee (ie: Monaco cookies). Or a nice mocha coffee cake. Vanilla cupcakes. Sometimes just a nice piece of dark chocolate... I need a snack now.

8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? I love a good dark roast. Something not overly acidic. Rich, bold flavour. Lots of body.

9. Yarn/fiber you love? Merino, cashmere, alpaca, silk, sock.

10. Yarn/fiber you hate? Acrylic. Fun fur. Novelty yarns of all ilks.

11. What's on your needles? Uptown Boot socks in Sea Wool. A cotton ruffle scarf (short rows, not novelty). An EZ sweater in Classic Merino. A Swallowtail shawl in Misti Alpaca. A boob-warmer sweater in mohair. (hmm... perhaps I should complete something)

12. Favorite colors? Bright and bold, but not neons. I love all greens. Blues, purples, burgundy. Also love pinks, reds, oranges, turquoise, not necessarily together. Less into earth-tones, but I can be swayed when they're lovely. Yellow and beige make me look jaundiced, which is not the look I generally go for. I think I have a bit of a grey problem (meaning, I always tend to choose it -- all three of the above mentioned sweaters are GREY).

13. Allergies? Strawberry, kiwi, raspberry, mango, guava, papaya, peaches, bee stings (please don't send me bee stings!). This will probably not be relevant.

14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? Umm... surprises. I love surprises. I also really like it when swap pals take an interest and really communicate, get to know each other a bit. It's much more fun that way. So far so good with my coffee pal!

3 Comments:

At 10:27 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

What? No biscotti love?

I'm still getting over those allergies of yours. The bee stings we can all do without but raspberries!? You must have really cheesed some deity off in a previous life.

 
At 10:00 a.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Mmmm...coffee and yarn....both necessary addictions...

 
At 11:01 a.m., Blogger Jenny Massey said...

I'm going shopping today!!! Clear some space in your coffee pantry, because you will have a stash. Hee Hee Hee

Your Coffee Swap Partner
Jenny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home