Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Frolicking with the best of 'em

Three vaguely guilty-looking knitters, clutching their bags close.



The combined purchases of same three knitters.



Yes, the frolic was so much fun. Possibly more fun than a person should have in one day. Possibly more fun than I should have had merely because of knitting, knitters and yarn. But that's an existential topic I'm not prepared to approach.

I'm so glad I went. I started twitching when I first got there, and had fortunately arranged to meet Renee, who tried to calm me down, or at least kept me from vibrating myself right off the ground. High-tech knitters that we are, Andrea and I had also arranged to rendezvous with a little cell phone magic.

And oh, so many knitters. Stopped in to the Lettuce Knit booth to say hi to Megan and Laura, and especially to thank Laura for the online Jane help. She was sweet to say that it was less about a gauge problem, and possibly about a really small proportion for sleeves. When a knitter like that tells you it may not be your fault, you believe her (even if your gauge was a little wonky), and I felt a little better. Incidentally, Jane and I are still moping and not yet speaking. We just need a little time apart.

Saw so many of the Romni staff frolickng, it's hard to say -- it may have been a free-for-all down at the shop on Saturday... hmm...

Saw Stephanie and Rachel shopping for Denny and chatted for a bit - mostly twitchy, excited, enabling chatter. When your spiritual leader tells you to go forth and purchase yarn without shame, somehow you know it's right. Right before we parted ways, she directed us to the Qiviut, which I had never touched. The woman practically shoved my hand into the basket... but that stuff is SERIOUSLY expensive though lovely to touch. I resisted, but only because my wallet was flaming.

Tell me now, is it a bad sign when the nice man at the yarn checkout tilts your credit card this way and that, saying "I can hardly read the numbers on this card, they're so worn."

It was a good day.
(did anyone else notice that I didn't cop to what I actually bought??? That's what the group purchase pile was for -- I am guiltless.)

9 Comments:

At 6:51 a.m., Blogger Andrea said...

I count at least 9 skeins of yarn that are yours. More may be hidden.

 
At 8:38 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like great fun!

 
At 9:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually gasped when I saw the yarn you guys made off with - just beautiful! It looks like you guys had a wonderful day.

 
At 9:35 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you were able to go. It was a little far for me to go for just one day - that coupled with 20 people over for dinner that night. :-)
Looks like you found some gorgeous yarn! What are you going go make with it all?
I was tempted by Qiviut while I was in Banff last year, but it's so pricey that I didn't buy any either.
Looks like you ladies had loads of fun!

 
At 10:34 a.m., Blogger Allegra said...

Wow, that's some stash enhancement. Would love to know the details of the yarn you purchased. So glad you had a great time!

 
At 1:14 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

Heh. You don't have to cop to what's yours but I feel I have to tell the internets that you actually had to STUFF the yarn into your bag and hold it in there to get it closed. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is no small bag.

It was a wonderful time!

 
At 5:41 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great pile! Ahh, if only the pile was mine to frolic in (maybe I can make my own pile this weekend at MDS&W!)

 
At 7:14 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't despair. It looks as though you now how to "treat" yourself well. Hopefully the mailman will drop off more treats soon.

 
At 10:26 p.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy! Great haul! Tell the checkout guy he needs to learn to read those numbers by feel :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home