Sunday, April 15, 2007

sometimes I amaze even myself...

So... first another little rave about Lettuce Knit. I phoned LK on Wednesday, around 11:45 am, ordering a Jane Origami sweater kit that I had previously fondled on Monday (why I did not buy the kit when it was in front of me on Monday is a much longer story...). Thursday morning, around 11:30 am, Canada Post buzzed my apartment, delivering... the Jane kit. I LOVE THESE PEOPLE. Less than 24 hours, Toronto to Kingston. Love. It.


So Saturday, I decide in a frenzy... I'm casting this on. Tonight. I think I can make this in time to wear to the frolic. (why this occured to me, I have no idea).

So I read the instructions. In full.
I sang "Jay-ayay-ane" (BNL) about 47 times.
I got out the needles. For Swatching.
I knit a large and generous swatch, fully intending to bath it, block it, and commit to this sweater the way a sweater ought to be commited to.


Then... what.... WHAT?

Awwww F#$%^&! Did I really do that? Did I really, really do that???
So I have a large and generous USELESS swatch.

So I ripped. (Even the tape measure looks disgusted, no?)


And I reknit. With matching needles.

And I washed and blocked.









And tonight, I am ready to go. May the force be with us. I'll keep you posted.

9 Comments:

At 7:14 p.m., Blogger Andrea said...

You do realize that Frolic is in two weeks right?

I'm being less ambitious and want to have argosy done by than.

 
At 7:23 p.m., Blogger Allegra said...

Is that Noro? Or something quite similar? The yarn is gorgeous!

 
At 10:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to your error, I will always check both of my needles to see if they are the same size before starting a new project. Your tape measure did look a bit upset for you. Very cute! Beautiful wool.

 
At 10:02 a.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

And that is why I do all my knitting on circulars. I know I'm far too scatterbrained not to do that every stinkin' time.

I love the colours of your yarn.

I would totally be singing BNL if I were knitting that too. Witty folks, those Ladies.

 
At 11:41 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

I'm laughing - I can't tell you how many times I've gone that by accident!!

 
At 4:19 p.m., Blogger Karen said...

That's going to be gorgeous!

 
At 6:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH that would so stink - and when you were trying to be good and swatch too!! That's just wrong somehow haha.

 
At 7:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a perfect case for circular needles.

Your KTE person

 
At 10:43 a.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Such pretty yarn! (I hate when that happens with the needles...grr...I color code some of mine with nailpolish...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home