Friday, April 27, 2007

fröhlich for Frolic

A Frolic (from German fröhlich - happy) is the act of being playful, merry, fun, or carefree, or of acting jokingly. (source: Wikipedia)

A Knitters' Frolic, therefore, must be all of the above in the presence of yarn and other knitters. I sure hope that carefree thing applies to credit cards...

Okay... so the annual Frolic FINALLY falls on a day I can make it, so I will be there with knits on (as opposed to with bells on... that'd just be annoying). I'd love to meet up with any of you knit-bloggy types who may be there.

Renee and I already have a plan to find each other, and if anyone else wants to connect, send me an e-mail before 8:30am Saturday morning. I plan to arrive around 10am (so if you go earlier than that, please don't get ALL the good stuff before I get there). We can always trade mobile numbers to make finding each other easier.

Can't wait, can't wait...

8 Comments:

At 11:57 a.m., Blogger Karen said...

Have fun! Meet lots of knitters!

 
At 1:12 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

I'm nearly drunk with glee. I finished my deadline project and there is a frolic tomorrow. I'm all hyper and humming the Smurf theme music. My poor husband is going to want to kill me by bedtime.

 
At 12:22 a.m., Blogger Heather said...

Have fun!!

 
At 8:45 a.m., Blogger Jen said...

I hope you have a blast! I wish I could have gone with you...but I'm looking forward to seeing the spoils and hearing the tales when you get back! :)

Jen

 
At 9:49 p.m., Blogger Sharon said...

I hope you had a blast!! (I love knitting things like that!)

 
At 10:50 a.m., Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Ooo fun! Frolicking is always fun in any capacity. :)

 
At 12:06 p.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Sounds really fun! I wish I could go!

 
At 11:38 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeek! I can't wait to see the skeins you adopted at the frolic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home