Thursday, April 26, 2007

thanks, knitters

I've borrowed this from Josie. (although I suspect Mrs.Kent had some gauge issues too)


Thanks to all you knitters for your support in the Jane-frogging crisis. Thanks for de-lurking, thanks for commenting, thanks for gasping aloud for me. It makes me feel better, not to do this alone. I appreciated all the sweater frogging and rescue stories, and I especially took comfort from what Josie said about ripping:

"I've found that learning to rip out hours of knitting is a skill as important as seaming or cabling or anything else. It is always worth the trouble. "

This I can live with. It is an important skill to recognize when something's not working and to do your best to fix it. Even if that means starting over. That's good advice for life, even.

Thanks again, knitters. We'll be back...

3 Comments:

At 12:00 p.m., Blogger Karen said...

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. Sorry you had to rip, but I bet you'll be so satisfied later!

 
At 10:54 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, cool, my very first link back to my blog! On the first page of that Superman book, in large, shaky letters is written :JO5IE.

I hope you really love your new sweater and that it fits perfectly on the next try!

 
At 12:08 p.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Cool superman comic! Sorry about your frogging...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home