Monday, April 23, 2007

photo of the day



These are great, no? I don't know who made them or why, but you can view the rest of the herd here.

Yes, I've been knitting Jane, yes there is a sleeve... and 1/3 of a second sleeve, even. I just didn't get a chance to photograph it yet, what with all the crazy knitting going on. I think I can finish sleeve 2 later tonight, sew them up tomorrow morning and get started on the front-pieces. If the fronts can be knit by the end of Thursday I will definitely have a sweater on my back at the frolic. I feel like I'm playing beat the clock, but it's kind of fun. There are so many knitters out there who seem to produce garments at an alarming rate, I thought it'd be fun to press the timer a little. I don't know how they do it.

Bear in mind that I do still have to work, and I have a couple of recording sessions this week that are SERIOUSLY cutting into the knitting time (the nerve of people, expecting me to WORK when there's a -self-imposed- knitting deadline). Also, if I don't do laundry soon I won't have any underwear to wear to the frolic, and since it's not THAT kind of frolic, I should probably take care of this issue (I just considered buying more underwear as a solution to "this issue"... I may possibly have a knitting addiction).

6 Comments:

At 7:15 p.m., Blogger LisaBe said...

i've bought underwear in laundry crises caused by much less honorable things. go to thine favorite underthings vendor and buy thee a pair (or three) of skivvies.
i LOVE those sheep. i googled them and can find nothing out about them (except that a lot of other people love them, too). i want to make one. and we don't even have a land line. they are just brilliant. (actually, making just one wouldn't capture the sheepiness of them...it's their apparent interaction and their looking at the public that seems so sheepy of them. hm.)

 
At 7:58 p.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

OMG, if someone could genetically engineer a sheep and a phone, it would sooo be a girl's best friend! p.s. I've seen patterns for knitting underwear...would definitely be a conversation starter at those recording sessions...

 
At 11:27 p.m., Blogger Jodi said...

I can't crank out the knits like some bloggers do, either. I have to admit to having gone on a few underwear shopping excursions to avoid laundry day!

Helene Grimaud really blew me away. I had one of her CDs already (Credo), and I enjoyed it, but it was nothing compared to her Schumann performance on Thurs. I'll have to look for her Brahms' recordings.

 
At 12:11 a.m., Blogger Heather said...

The one day you wore horrid undies would be the day you a) ripped your skirt or trousers, b) got into the accident that your mother always warned you about wearing clean undies just in case, or c) hooked up with...um...well, I dunno. Somebody awesome.

 
At 8:09 a.m., Blogger Andrea said...

If you've run out of clean underwear, it's a sign that you don't have enough. Nothing wrong with buying more.

 
At 5:41 p.m., Blogger Liz said...

Hee.

You said "laundry."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home