Tuesday, April 24, 2007

a tale of two sleeves

Done, and done. Sewn and everything.






Special thanks to Laura (who knit the LK sample of this sweater) for the emergency cast-off advice via e-mail this afternoon!

Gauge is a lying SOB... the sleeves are really narrow. They fit, but they are closer than I'd like. I'm going to try to block them a bit wider, but I'm not in love with them. :(


I *was* impressed with the unzipping of my provisional cast-on, if I do say so myself. This NEVER works for me, but this time I had only two little snags, and after a little manual un-doing, I was able to get back on the unzip.








And here's a quick ode to this yarn... the fuzzy slubby bits. I love the slubby fuzzy bits.






Thanks for all the support... the front pieces come next.

8 Comments:

At 8:27 p.m., Blogger Andrea said...

Wahoo!

I'm impressed. Looks great!

 
At 11:58 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

Woohoo! It's awesome!!

 
At 11:52 a.m., Blogger Ellie said...

Beautiful! Now I'm inspired to knit a sweater (now that I finally have time). I desperately need to visit my brother soon - he lives a few blocks away from LK, and you all make it seem so wonderful!

:-)

 
At 12:19 p.m., Blogger Susan said...

Beautiful and so flippin' FAST!!! Are you remembering to eat between unzipping & casting off????

;>

 
At 12:42 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

You are so totally going to make it.

 
At 2:32 p.m., Blogger Alex said...

Looks so pretty! Can't wait to see it all finished up! That is a very tempting next project!

 
At 7:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! First time here, I like the colorway you are using. The sheep (phone?) herd below is also very amusing.

 
At 12:10 p.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Beautiful unzipping!....and yeah, gauge is a myth, totally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home