Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Ernie and Bert, Shrinkage, and a Birthday Ambush

All right! My first "Random Wednesday" post!
(although yes, it is Tuesday. Details, details.)


Let's start with Ernie and Bert.



Since I started them (my fourth pair of socks), I've been referring to these guys as my Ernie and Bert socks... it's the stripes, in those colours. They're Regia, Canadian Colours in a colourway called "Kilt". (dunn0... I think E&B is a better name). I finished them on Sunday afternoon (16 days for this pair) and they make me very, very happy.






Add to that these shoes which I purchased last summer before a single sock had been knit, with the intention that they would make good "knit-sock-wearing-shoes". Such foresight. And they do, don't they. More happy.





Next... shrinkage. No, not THAT kind of shrinkage (get your minds out of the gutter). Inspired by Renee, I rediscovered my inner 12year-old (okay, she's actually not that "inner") and HAD to play with shrink film again. Last night I was going to do my taxes, but instead I watched Avril Lavigne's concert on CBC (see? I am a 12year-old girl) and experimented with shrinky-dink stitch markers. The result:

Some of these turned out better than others, but it was basically an experiment in film size, font size, shrinking, shapes... I have a better idea for next time.



And you know what this means... all you awesome "good karma" participants are getting your markers soon... (sorry for the delay... life...)




And these lead me to the birthday ambush. Happy Birthday, (blogless) Emma. Jen (the lady of the knit - one of those markers was for her) and I ambushed her with cupcakes and presents (a Harlot book, of course).



We took our very own "Imagine" photo. Tea, cupcakes, and everyone in the room was wearing handknit socks. (LtoR, that's Jen, Emma and me.) A pretty great morning.


9 Comments:

At 7:30 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

Yippee! Shrinkies!

I love the socks with cupcake photo. Hope they didn't make pigs of themselves and get icing all over their gussets.

 
At 8:27 p.m., Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Those stitch markers are just adorable! The Bert and Ernie socks look great and with the shoes, just perfect. :)

 
At 9:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely loved the three socks at their very own birthday party.
I'm still smiling.
Your Bert & Ernie socks look wonderful in those cute shoes.
Liked your stitch markers too.
Looks like you had quite a day!!!!!

 
At 10:43 p.m., Blogger Andrea said...

Those socks are very Bert and Ernie.

Love the stitch markers!

 
At 10:15 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

Those are some awesome socks!!

 
At 10:29 a.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Those socks are totally E & B! I love your stitch markers; too cute! The colors of those candles really coordinate with that sock trio -very nice-

 
At 12:35 p.m., Blogger Alex said...

Lovely socks and beautiful stitch markers!

I've been visiting your blog for a bit now, and thought it was finally time to comment.

Enjoy reading. Take care
Alex

 
At 10:12 a.m., Blogger Jodi said...

Fabulous socks! I love the Canadian Colors. By the way, being "toothsome" is far more appealing than being know as "querulous."

Happy knitting,

Lady Madame Jodi the Querulous of Giggleswich Lanken

 
At 11:28 p.m., Blogger Jodi said...

Love the socks! I have special handknit sock-displaying shoes, too. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home