Friday, March 30, 2007

for me-me-me-me-meeeeee?

It's here! My awesome prize package from Sophia! I won a contest last week when I correctly guessed the composer (Rossini) of the opera she's currently performing (La Donna del Lago). Hence the operatic warm-up of the post title.



Well, the USPS parcel arrived bright and early, before I was actually up, so I'm afraid the delivery guy had a bit of a fright when I came to the door with flannel jammies, bed-head and the distinct markings of someone who had a pillow jammed against her face until moments before. They must see all kinds of things...



What a nice surprise! It is Fortissima DISCO sock yarn! I hadn't realized it from her blog, but there is actually some sparkle in this stuff! It's a great blue/white colour with just a little bling for fun. I will have to find the perfect pattern for them. Also some lovely gift-cards to include when giving knitted items (with spots for fibre type and care instructions), and some tip covers to protect my delicate sock dpns.



Thank you so much, Sophia!!!






And while I'm bragging about lovely acquisitions, I must show you this:







Last weekend I did some violin playing at a church service for the Lady of the Knit, and the silly, silly girl surprised me with this gorgeous stuff. She's determined to make me into a lace knitter with this gorgeous Fiddlesticks. It's a lace weight Zephyr Wool-Silk, 50% merino, 50% tussah silk, SO soft, and look at the unbelievable colour: it's called Agean Blue. (Tussah silk, I've just figured out, is organic silk, gathered wild, and is stronger and more resiliant than the cultivated white silk... cool.) To top it off, she got me a set of Addi Lace needles. This is really exciting... again, I've got to come up with a great pattern to do justice with this beautiful stuff. And Jen, truly unnecessary, but really appreciated. Thanks!

Really, I'm knitting, too. I will have an FO for y'all probably by the end of the weekend. Enjoy your weekends!

7 Comments:

At 2:35 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

Wow! That must be some good violin playing. Good stuff. I can't wait to see you venture into the land of lace (I'll wave at you from the opposite shore).

 
At 4:49 p.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Yeayyyy! I'm glad you like your package! (yeah, it was too dark in my pic to see the "bling"...) Great lace-making stuff you have there! I can't wait to see what you knit that Fiddlesticks into. :)

 
At 8:40 a.m., Blogger Liz said...

This is why coming to your blog is so nice - you get SO happy about stuff, it makes me smile.

I've never knit lace. I keep eyeing it, wondering when it will swallow me whole then spit me out. good luck!!!

 
At 11:19 a.m., Blogger Karen said...

How wonderful! What's better than getting a bit of yarn in the mail or as a gift? It always makes my day, too!

 
At 7:25 p.m., Blogger BrownPants said...

Wow, they're awesome gifts! Lucky you :)
(and our postie has seen worse than that, I once answered the door in my underwear. I really wanted that package :)

 
At 9:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great gifts from your win. Congrats.
(Blogless)Teresa (NC)

 
At 9:28 a.m., Blogger Susan said...

Oohhhhhhh you know that the Miriam Felton Icarus shawl uses exactly 4 oz. of Zephyr Wool-Silk Laceweight, don't you? Doesn't every violin player need her own set of knitted lace wings??????

http://mimknits.com/shop/
index.php?main_page=product_info
&cPath=69&products_id=195

 

Post a Comment

<< Home