Monday, January 15, 2007

Hey look! A sock!

Remember this?


It was a sock -- well, a cuff, actually. My first ever attempt, and totally abandoned some time in August, after being started in late June.

Well... recently I had a hankering for a handknit sock. A little of this, I believe, is owing to the fact that everyone around me seems to be turning out gorgeous sock after gorgeous sock, but my interest was largely rekindled by the incredible stash of beautiful sock yarn I rediscovered last week. Either that or the sock finally accepted that I was no longer interested in it, and had given up all hope of ever finding itself in my embrace again... at which point I wondered how the sock was doing and decided to show it a little attention. I may be anthropomorphising this sock a wee tad too much. Or art may be imitating life. Or perhaps I should just try to get out more... but I digress.

Whatever it was... I went crawling back on Friday night. And now... and now...

Look at us now!!!



Forgive the gratuitous leg-in-the-air shots. You'd think I invented sock knitting, I'm so pleased with myself. You ought to have seen me after I turned the heel -- I was INSUFFERABLE!

The yarn is Trekking XXL, colour 101 (fitting, as this is Socking 101 for me), provided for me by the lovely Heather back in our secret pal days.

And to avoid the dreaded SSS...

Already on the go.

8 Comments:

At 9:17 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooooo... are you in love? Can you see yourself joining the dark site (i.e. obsessive sock knitters)?

 
At 11:20 a.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

Which colour is it more like...the top picture or all the other pictures?

Sock knitting is fun. I refuse to knit any more until I finish my Poma-whatever socks that I started about a year ago. SSS has me firmly in its grip.

 
At 11:32 a.m., Blogger Carol said...

And now that you have tried it, you will find yourself doing it again and again!

 
At 3:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT COLOR.

way to go casting on for that second sock!

 
At 4:52 p.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Wow, gorgeous sock! You're great for casting on the second sock already. If I didn't do magic loop, I'd never be able to avoid SSS.

 
At 5:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, ewe!

 
At 7:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh god I hate that second sock business

 
At 11:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was a genius when I knit my first pair of socks! Turning the heel is a brilliant act of greatness, isn't it?
The sock looks great! Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home