Tuesday, August 15, 2006

KADD

That's Knitter's Attention Deficit Disorder.
Here are most of my WIPs.
Least impressive first: my sock. I've knit very little on it, and because it's teeny tiny sock yarn, I've made only the smallest progress.

But that's mostly because I am so closed to completion of my long-running turtleneck shrug. The fact that this puppy is 3x3 ribbed ALL the way around made it a little dull, so it too languished for a bit, but she's in the homestretch now!


Then there were these. The silk sleeves from the One Skein book. I'm not sure they count as works in PROGRESS, because there has been no progress in quite some time. They are knit in Rowan Kidsilk Haze, which is so thin and light it's almost like imagining that you are knitting. They are lovely and soft, and even as I began the 27" pieces I thought, "I should be knitting these in the round." Yes. They are knit, but they may never, ever be sewn up. Delicately grafting cobweb together is not something I ever wanted to do. Spider girl I am not.

Last but not least, is... my clapotis. Knit in Silk Garden 225, it is lovely. And progressing pretty quickly. I bought 7 skeins (Romni had a July Sale!!!), but I wound them so I could see the colorway change (so I could put them in a good order) one ball broke several times. I will see how far I get with 6, but if I want to add another straight row repeat (to make it a little longer) I'll add the bits from skein 7.

So there *has* been some knitting going on around here!

1 Comments:

At 12:12 p.m., Blogger Jen said...

KADD - I love it! (Probably because I 'suffer' from this disorder, too...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home