Wednesday, May 09, 2007

an instruction, a photo, and a meme

Hey... this may qualify as my first ever true Random Wednesday.

First... go wish Jen a happy birthday... she's new in blogdom.
(also, if you're feeling cheeky, ask her to blog the fug)

Second, courtesy of Karen, I give you... the Sheep Grand National.

This is the latest in my series of... ovine irony. Not exactly metafiction, but close. We're definitely exploring the juxtaposition between reality and relation, and... something possibly more clever than I have words for right now. (have I mentioned that I have had some rip-roarin' insomnia these last several days? SUCKY.) Included in the article is this line: "the sheep, who all came to the farm as orphans, carry knitted jockeys on their backs". Awwww.


And lastly, a meme. I mosly hate memes, but I found this one at Andrea's, and I like to see what people's knitting tastes are.
Mark with bold the things you have knit (or are knitting), with italics the ones you plan to do sometime, and leave the rest.

Afghan
I-cord
Garter stitch

Knitting with metal wire
Shawl
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down

Socks: toe-up
Knitting with camel yarn
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat
Knitting with silk
Moebius band knitting
(may have done this once unintentionally – does that count?)
Participating in a KAL
Sweater
Drop stitch patterns
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn (does it count if the recycling comes from a whole whack of your own frogging?)
Slip stitch patterns

Knitting with banana fiber yarn
Domino knitting (=modular knitting)
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Two end knitting
Charity knitting
Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan (zippy hoodie)
Toy/doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles
Baby items

Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Slippers
Graffiti knitting
Continental knitting
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
Lace patterns
Publishing a knitting book (- yeah, right)
Scarf
Teaching a child to knit
American/English knitting
Knitting to make money
Buttonholes
Knitting with alpaca

Fair Isle knitting
Norwegian knitting

Dying with plant colors
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on one or two circulars
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
Knitting with dpns
Holiday related knitting
Teaching a male how to knit
Bobbles
Knitting for a living
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking
Dying yarn
Steeks
Knitting art
Knitting two socks on two circulars simultaneously
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
Textured knitting
Kitchener stitch

Purses/bags
Knitting with beads
Swatching
Long Tail CO
Entrelac
Knitting and purling backwards

Machine knitting
Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegated yarn
Stuffed toys
Baby items

Knitting with cashmere
Darning
Jewelry
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern
Gloves
Intarsia
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
Tubular CO
Freeform knitting
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mits/armwarmers
Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Rug
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets
Shrug/bolero/poncho
Knitting with dog/cat hair
Hair accessories
Knitting in public


9 Comments:

At 1:35 p.m., Blogger Andrea said...

You sure about having no interest in knitting with cat hair? I'd be happy to provid you with some.

 
At 2:37 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

The sheep in the green looks sort of spooked. Poor bugger.

I should do that meme I suppose.

 
At 7:27 p.m., Blogger Karen said...

Great meme! I could provide you with plenty of dog hair if you'd like to try knitting with that... chocolate and yellow Labrador. Very pretty combination. ;-)

Sorry about the sleep issues. I totally understand. I have that problem regularly - it's part of why I took up knitting.

 
At 9:50 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, I wish I'd seen that meme two months ago! I was asked to put together a survey for the relatively new Quinte Knit Collective, and that meme sure fits the bill. I believe I'll include parts of it in the next generation of the survey.

 
At 11:20 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

Still with the insomnia? Oh, poor you. :(

 
At 7:14 a.m., Blogger Sharon said...

Kate! You've been tagged! Visit my blog for details...

 
At 11:41 a.m., Blogger 130sbyThirty said...

Ok I just had to leave a comment - the sheep picture is just a hoot!

 
At 8:48 a.m., Blogger DAWN said...

I have no words for how funny and ironic that picture is. I just, I--it is just too funny. Oh, and I'm stealin' that meme...

 
At 9:24 p.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Crazy pic! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home