Friday, March 23, 2007

I won!!!

I won a blog contest! Sometimes being a violinist is most helpful...

Sophia over at Yarn over Manhattan is also a violinist, and today she posted a picture of some music and had a little contest to guess the composer of the "arm-cramping opera excerpt" she is currently performing. I got it right... Rossini's La Donna del Lago!!! And do you know what I win??? SOCK YARN!!! And some pretty nice looking note cards, for getting the opera right too! Yahoooooo!

And earlier today I got my car back, all fixed. And just now on the street I found a quarter. Not just a penny... a QUARTER. That's got to be some good luck. And now I'm on my way out to knit with some friends. I have a feeling it's going to be a good weekend!

(maybe the force is strong with us this week, with all the knitters gathered in NYC!)

Thanks so much, Sophia!!!

5 Comments:

At 2:29 p.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Hi Kate! Many congratulations on winning the contest! Happy to hear you got your car back too!

Please email me your (last)name and address, and I'll send you your prizes ASAP! :)

 
At 5:54 p.m., Blogger Andrea said...

I recommend buying a 649 ticket. Than you can go on the mother of all yarn shopping sprees.

 
At 6:43 p.m., Blogger Alison said...

Well, that's good, because I was getting a little worried that you were going to run out of sock yarn! ;)

 
At 7:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!! Congrats on your contest win! What is a better prize than yarn? I can't think of anything. Can't wait to see a pic of it.
(Blogless)Teresa

 
At 5:19 p.m., Blogger Karen said...

Isn't it fun to win? I recently won a blog contest also. I just stopped back by to see how you were doing after all the Good Karma. :-) I recently blogged that a wee bit of yarn can do so much to make me happy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home