Thursday, March 01, 2007

so that's how it's going to be...

Sigh. In the midst of the other 97 things I had to accomplish today, I thought I'd make cupcakes. Birthday cupcakes, for two dear friends, both celebrating birthdays this weekend. I got Superman cupcake wrappers and everything.

I peeked into the oven to make sure things were going along fine, and met with these little aliens...



Now, not to brag or anything, but anyone who is familiar with my cooking and baking will be as stymied by this as I am. This isn't even a tough one... this is CUPCAKES. (In grade 6, I baked hundreds of them and sold them at recess, but that is beside the point.)


I guess I'm just not meant to be nice this weekend. D'oh. I think my lower element is possibly broken -- after pre-heating, the light kept coming back on and I think the top element was attempting to regulate the temperature. I'll try to figure this out later... may require a call to the landlord.


At the moment I'm trying to cook what's left of them into some edible form so at least it's not a total waste, even if they can't be given away.

ETA: Still tasty. My mom asked in her e-mail: "would icing help?" Yes, indeed.

5 Comments:

At 4:48 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

It kinda looks like they're sticking their tongues out at you.

Bad ass cupcakes.

What a waste of perfectly good cupcake papers though.

 
At 5:01 p.m., Blogger Liz said...

Aw, they look like they were lonely and were reaching out to each other!

 
At 11:18 p.m., Blogger Allegra said...

Sorry about the cupcakes! I hope they taste good.
Just think what a PITA it is to bake up here a foot up in altitude.....Speaking of which......taking our audition?!?!??!

 
At 8:05 p.m., Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I think they kind of look like turtles peeking out of their shells...

 
At 6:54 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I've never seen that happen to cupcakes before! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home