Tuesday, February 13, 2007

miss fortune

I like my asian take-out. You'll find no shame here -- there are days when odds of consuming dinner are greatly improved by picking up take-out. Usually not more than once per week, but occasionally...

My last three fortunes, over the last 10 days or so, are as follows:



  • Boys will be boys, and so will some middle-aged men.

  • Be mischievous and you will not be lonesome.

  • A lifetime friend will soon be made.

This proves nothing, except that I like my take-out (which I knew), but when you put them together like that, they're kind of fun. As for mischief... well, I'm sure I can dream something up.

Knitting... right... this is a knitting blog. I've been working away trying to make sure my sock has a date for Valentine's day, but sometimes things don't work out the way you'd like them to, and I've been so freaking tired that even plain vanilla sock rounds have been too much in the evenings. So it doesn't look good for Sock. I guess we'll be single together. :)

Oh, and did anyone else think there were an awful lot of "tunics" in the new Vogue and IK?

5 Comments:

At 12:51 p.m., Blogger Andrea said...

I think tunics are trendy or something. Worn with footless leggings a la 1986? Not for me.

And yes, I considered crying. But stringing the beads the 2nd time wasn't as difficult as I had already discarded the ones with the smaller holes that wouldn't fit past the needle's eye.

 
At 4:33 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

I haven't seen the new IK yet but I was highly unimpressed with VK. Maybe the tunics turned me off. All I know is that after looking through the whole magazine, the only thing that tickled my fancy was Meg Swanson's article about two-end knitting. I didn't even buy the magazine but it cost me $30 cause I went out and bought the book she was talking about. That's just not right.

 
At 7:45 p.m., Blogger Liz said...

We have Chinese ordered in every Tuesday, and we tape the fortunes up on the wall in my classroom. My favorite one so far is "You are the crispy noodle in the salad of life."

I wonder: if you are mischievous with boys for a lifetime, will they be your friend?

Thanks for the sock comment over at the (echoing) blog!

 
At 10:49 a.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

I like your fortunes! (especially the one about the middle aged men!)

I haven't seen the tunics yet, but I'm suspicious already that they may be the trend that replaces the poncho craze from last year...

Happy V-day!

 
At 10:04 a.m., Blogger Karen said...

I'm LOL at your fortunes, because the mischief one has been here recently, too. And my friends had a great laugh over it! I'm already quite mischivous. ;-) I even blogged about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home