Friday, February 02, 2007

Oops, I did it again...

Once you've had good socks, you just can't help yourself...


Mate coming soon.

Yarn is Regia 4-ply jacquard, colour 5180. FROM THE STASH (be proud of me, knitters -- haven't bought a thing in WEEKS)
I'm not sure I like the jacquard thing -- I may have been heard to describe it as looking "like a mangy dog". But I like the stripe colours so much, and it feels so nice on my foot that the mange is forgiven.
Harlot's basic sock recipe on 2.75mm, eye of partridge heel (ooh, she's expanding her repertoire!), and this time I kitchenered the toe with 20 stitches left instead of 16... less pointy and weird-looking on my foot. Also, had a better sense of sizing: how much heel flap to make, when to start the toe decrease, so this one fits better than the first pair. I believe in Darwin - adapt, adapt.
I feel inclined to mention, too, that I cast this baby on SUNDAY. Which means I knit a sock in less than 6 days. As with new relationships, I've been spending time with sock much to the exclusion of all else... if I don't do laundry soon, I shall have to start knitting underwear (and given some of the recent pattern books I've seen, I don't want to go there...).
So... please excuse me while I cast on for sock the second, then I've got to do some housekeeping.
PS: why won't the stupid new blogger (I was required to switch to) allow me to leave line breaks between paragraphs???

7 Comments:

At 1:55 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

Look at you go!

Laundry? Nahhhh, think of it this way - the money you save on water can be used to purchase new underwear. Ok, ok, fine. That's impractical and wasteful.....knit the underwear instead.

Why were you required to switch to the new Blogger? I'm holding out till they force me. Can you tell I hate change.

 
At 2:24 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got that yarn in my stash - thanks for the reminder!

 
At 12:39 a.m., Blogger Allegra said...

You've definitely caught the sock bug!
My Sock Wars socks that "killed" me were knit in that yarn. I love it, it's so cozy!

 
At 11:11 a.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

That sock is awesome! Congrats for using your stash- you have inspired me to do the same!

 
At 1:43 p.m., Blogger Elysbeth said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:45 p.m., Blogger Elysbeth said...

Love the sock, perfect for winter.

 
At 10:52 p.m., Blogger kneek said...

That was the first adult sock I knit; still in my sock drawer, gets worn right out of the wash.

You posted a comment on anny purls about a forethought heel. Can you tell me more about that? I've knit one pair of toe-up socks with a short-row heel and didn't have much difficulty, but I have skinny ankles. I have two pairs on the needles for my husband; he has big feet and thick ankles; I think I need a little extra room than the short-row heel affords. Can't I just do the reverse of a heel flap?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home