Tuesday, February 20, 2007

a yarn intention

Nope, not a yarn accident. An yarn intention.

I got rear-ended on Sunday afternoon (yes, I think I'm okay - thanks!) on the way into Toronto to visit some friends. I had my whole day ruined, waiting for roadside assistance to put on a spare, going all the way out to a collision reporting centre, then in a panic to get the car road-worthy enough to get back. I ended up staying overnight, and while waiting for the car to be serviceable, I went to Lettuce Knit. SCREW the yarn embargo -- I got hit from behind and I DESERVED a treat. Or three. (or six, if you count the way I'm gonna knit it)

Some sexy new sock yarn. Above, some lovely Sweet Georgia in Angel, some Colinette JitterBug in Bright Charcoal, and some Fleece Artist Sea Wool (70% merino, 30% seacell) in that yummy orange colour that will make me smile every time they grace my feet.

There are things that happen accidentally, and things that happen intentionally. This was a mission.

8 Comments:

At 1:45 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

You definitely deserved it. Poor you!!

 
At 2:32 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

Glad you are okay! and definitely a good reason to buy something that makes you happy!

 
At 5:22 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

How horrid! Really? You're ok? I'm gonna worry.

Now....why wasn't that Sweet Georgia sock yarn there when I was there? Some girls get all the luck. Of course, I got a sexy ball of Trekking XXL so I shouldn't complain.

You deserved it but don't be scaring us like that!

 
At 5:25 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

Deserved the yarn....not the accident.

 
At 5:37 p.m., Blogger Kristine said...

I'm glad you're okay, and you have such pretty yarns to play with. Enjoy!

 
At 11:35 p.m., Blogger AlisonH said...

Yowsers! Go with the yarn, and enjoy! FWIW, I was seriously rear-ended seven years ago--the guy totalled his car, mine, and major damage to the car that had been a car length or two ahead of me--and the doctor I saw told me to concentrate all day on relaxing my muscles. Don't tense up! Relax. Do NOT take a nap: keep moving, gently, all day long, try not to stop.

My balance never completely recovered, but I had very little whiplash damage. Which, given the circumstances, felt pretty miraculous. I know your accident is over, but I thought I'd offer what I learned the hard way.

Now: go knit! (Sea Wool? Something new besides Sea Silk? Cool, I hope someone's selling it at Stitches West this weekend, thanks for the heads-up, I'll look for it!)

 
At 11:40 p.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Oh no! I hope you are doing well, and that your gorgeous and totally deserved yarn is cheering you up and making you feel better (p.s., get as much Sweet Georgia as you can- I'm on her mailing list, and she's decided to go on a break and not make any yarn for a year or so!) Best wishes,
Sophia

 
At 8:12 p.m., Blogger canknitian said...

Glad you're OK. Sounds like yarn was better than anything the doctor might have ordered!

big hug!
j

 

Post a Comment

<< Home