Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The. Harlot. Cometh.

I just heard... apparently the Yarn Harlot (do you really need the link?) is coming to Kingston. A talk and a signing at the Kingston Chapters on Princess. A week from tomorrow, Wednesday, November 8th, sometime in the evening.

I immediately started thinking: what will I take to knit??? Then I checked my schedule.

I am crestfallen. I have to work. I can't get out of it. This is a BIG drag.


In other news, here's a pic of some Kureyon (so appropriately named 185), I picked up for Norovember, destined to become a multi-directional Christmas scarf. (Thanks for the inspiration, Tammany).


Also, as promised, the hat in the works. More details a few posts ago. Can I just say... Malabrigo makes me happy. This is lime blue, and it's just so squishy and soft that I love having it in my hands. Somehow I got 2 stitches off somewhere (? damned if I can find it???) but I'll make up for it when I get to the decreases. Knitting is not an exact science.

4 Comments:

At 3:07 p.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Oooh, what pretty Noro you have! Can't wait to see the scarf! That Malabrigo stuff looks nice too...*drool*
Sorry you're missing the Harlot. I had to miss her in NYC b/c I had to work too...bummer
(to answer your question, I got to tour Napa, Berkeley, and LA. I miss it all, especially the weather!)

 
At 4:13 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

Cough, cough, sniff, sniff, aaaaachoo. Boy oh boy - what a terrible cold is going around. I hope you don't get it or else you won't be able to work next Wednesday. Just sayin' ;)

 
At 7:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee. Good thing I had that cold, since, you know...you might get it.

 
At 10:05 a.m., Blogger Allegra said...

That SUCKS you don't get to see the Harlot. Boo. And I totally cracked up about the Kureyon being "appropriately named 185"!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home