Friday, October 13, 2006

sew much sewing

Okay... the knitting is done. Clapotis is knit, the shrug is knit. The ends have yet to be sewn in.

My clapotis seems a bit wibbly at the first corner, slightly bigger (?), but maybe it's just stretched out. I'm hoping blocking will fix it. I have a confession to make, and I'm hoping you can help me... I'm not sure what I'm going to block on, because I've actually... never really blocked before. I don't have an extra bed, I don't have a carpeted room. I'm thinking about pinning it to a yoga mat? If you have any suggestions, they would be welcome.

As for the shrug, a few ends have been sewn, but it's time for me to finish these projects. Today, I hope. Barring disaster of some sort (after all, it IS Friday the 13th). Then I can start the holiday collection.

In the meantime, here's the latest in my stash acquisition. An ADORABLE sample knit up in the Muskoka Yarn Connection lured me into this froggy-hat kit, knit in a bulky luxury alpaca. I think it will knit up quickly. I don't know whom it will be for. Perhaps even for me... (it's THAT cute, and I'm THAT immature).

FOs coming soon...



Edited later to add: OH HELL. I was just putting my little froggy kit back into the bag when I noticed the instructions. It's CROCHET. I don't crochet. I guess I'll either have to adapt the pattern to suit my knitting habit, or learn to crochet this frog. Guess I was lured in by the soft, soft yarn, and the cute face. What we won't do for a cute face. Damn.

3 Comments:

At 12:53 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

The frog is darned cute and crochet isn't really that hard (though I do feel it is firmly on the dark side of the fibre arts). Have you seen the froggie sweater you can make with that yarn? Tres cute.

Oh, use your bed. Just take the comforter/duvet off, put a towel down, pin the thing on (count pins...ouch), soak and wring out another towel to lay on top, remove a couple hours before bed and all will be well.

 
At 2:59 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

I'm ashamed to admit it...but my clapotis was hung over the shower curtain after washing. So it was semi-blocked. And it took so long to dry (what with the silk and such) that I also threw it in the dryer for fifteen minutes when it was still damp.

I am a bad knitter. Bad, bad knitter!

 
At 3:15 p.m., Blogger Lisa said...

I'm with renee - go for the bed. If are traveling soon you could block it out on the mattress over a towel before you leave and come back to a blocked Clapotis!

Also - mine seemed totally wonky too but the blocking made a huge difference.

Oh...and wearing a crocheted froggie hat is NOT THAT immature...you are just...ummm... creative! Yeah! And very young at heart! And fun to have a birthday parties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home