Thursday, September 14, 2006

another new knitter...


It's pretty exciting, but I finally got to teach one of my best friends to knit. She's always thought the knitting was beautiful, been a supportive friend of a knitter, and I've offered many times. But a few weeks ago she happened to be with me when I went to Romni, and suddenly... Jennifer came running up to me with a beautiful green shawl, exclaiming "I want to make one of these!!!"
Don't have to ask me twice. We got some supplies, we made a date, we learned to knit. Knitbloggers, meet Jennifer, proud new knitter:

She's doing really well. We're making a little garter scarf, but before long I know she'll be conquering the world in wool.

Also, here is a gratuitous picture of little lambs I saw at the CNE on Labour Day -- very cute. Somehow I thought they kind of knew I was a knitter...

2 Comments:

At 12:43 p.m., Blogger Lisa said...

Go Jennifer!!! I love that look of sheer concentration on her face and the comfy cross-legged in jammies approach. I swear I could learn nuclear physics if I could only get to school in pjs.

And those lambs! I just want to take them home and spin them up.

 
At 2:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it about knitters that makes them (us) so darned helpful? We'd help a terrorist build a bomb if it involved pointed sticks and string.

Go, Jennifer! We're pullin' for you. (I'm a RedGreen fan.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home