Wednesday, June 21, 2006

SoS




Happy Solstice everyone!

SoS is here... that's Summer of Socks!

Steal one of my buttons if you like!
(but not my bandwidth)

So, what does this mean? Well, I wasn't really planning to begin my personal Summer of Socks (an idea whose time began way before the crazy KAL got started!) until July 1st. But in the spirit of the KAL, I will cast on my very first ever sock today. I still want to work on my shrug (it's actually gotten bigger since I whined about it 2 days ago!), but I'm going to get started on the socks right away.

Yarn: Trekking XXL (might as well start big, eh?) from my secret pal, colorway 101
Needles: to be determined; I'm still out of town, but I brought everything between 2 and 3mm.
Pattern: Harlot's basic sock recipe from Harlot Knitting.

Wish me luck... I'll keep you posted.

PS: I'm also helping to administrate SoS, so if you're playing, and you're around M-Z, I'm keeping track of your progress for the "weekly report". Feel free to e-me and scold if I miss something important!

2 Comments:

At 10:48 a.m., Blogger Lisa said...

Luving your buttons!!!

I too wish I could knit way faster since it would help me get through all the KIPs I have and the yarn affairs I will have in the future. I remember reading on Stephanie's blog that she can knit in the dark

 
At 9:41 p.m., Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Thanks for volunteering to read! I'm one of your assigned bloggers :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home