Monday, June 05, 2006

super generous secret pal strikes again!!!


Oh Heather,
You are just so abundantly generous. It blows me away. Thank you, thank you SO much for another incredible package.
The first thing to take my breath away was the "snapdragon" superwash. It practically shouts "Be happy! It's spring!!!" I SO need that right now. It's just gorgeous! And I love that it's made by a Canadian company, too! We have such nice stuff here, and now I have another nice weblink to explore.
Then I saw the Rowanspun 4-ply. That cranberry merlot kind of color is beautiful (I see they call it "blood"!), and I don't think I've ever seen this wool before anywhere (and I read it was discontinued). I must dream up the perfect project for this rare treasure, but I think it will include cables!
The darning egg is wonderful! I have a favorite pair of knitted (not by me) mittens that require some TLC, so I will have an immediate occasion to use it. But it's just so cute, and I can see how it will come in handy many times in the future.
Then I moved the snapdragon... and found... the CASHMERE. I don't think I've ever owned cashmere anything. Now, thanks to you, I have this gorgeous lace weight skein of "gold brocade" cashmere by painted yarns. Forgive me, but I was watching old "Sex and the City" episodes this weekend, and to quote Carrie, "It's a Cashmiracle!" I am having fantasies of a lace reading wrap in cashmere, and I can't stop touching it. How can anything be so soft!?!?!!!
And of course, thank you also for the TWO sets of Brittany birch dpns, sock size. They feel so nice in my hands, and it's super-smart of them to label each individual needle with the size. Very clever indeed.
I am SO set up to knit socks now!!!You are SO unbelievably kind and generous and thoughtful and I'm just so lucky to be getting spoiled by you, and even moreso, to be getting to know you too.
Thank you again!!!
hugs,
Kate, who cannot stop touching the cashmere

4 Comments:

At 8:04 p.m., Blogger Andrea said...

Fabulous yarn! I've never seen some of that stuff before.

 
At 8:29 p.m., Blogger Lisa said...

Oh love...just read the previous post. How about s for sucks (decidedly!!). Sorry to hear about the guy crap and the money crap, car crap, yarn diet (oh crap!!!!)

That cashmere just rocks! I checked out her source for it and the skeins are $36 Can for white or natural.

Must...not...order...

Chin up, needles out! Knit that boy outta your hair! At least it ended before you knit him some socks he wouldn't have properly appreciated anyway...right?

 
At 1:18 a.m., Blogger miss ewe said...

Actually, stitchy, I had knit him a scarf for Valentines day which he had lost by Christmas (although he felt plenty terrible about it). Perhaps that was a sign. But I have been firmly warned about boyfriends and sweaters. And now I don't have to knit that baby sweater for his soon-to-be niece.

 
At 11:48 p.m., Blogger Tammy said...

Gorgeous yarns. You've got one terrific SP8.
Have fun and happy knitting,
Your SP8 hostess, Tammy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home