Saturday, June 24, 2006

miss ewe: 1; Trekking: 0

Victory is mine. Someone should have told me that balling yarn with a project on the inside end of the ball is a bad idea. (well, theoretically I would have known that if I'd engaged a small portion of brain before proceeding). I held the sock in my teeth, and every couple dozen spins had to stop and let it unwind a little... I had to unwind a little myself.
Truth be told, this is the first time I've balled anything, so I think I did rather well, particularly when you consider that I did it the idiot-way. Also, I didn't even bother to take photos of the state of the yarn before balling. It was too upsetting.
So here we have it: Trekking, plus some cuff, complete with newly acquired skill of long-tail cast-on. Aren't we all proud of me? I win. This time.
Colors are better represented in the first photo.

4 Comments:

At 6:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM proud of you!!! (And I've done the very same thing. *sigh*) I also love your Summer of Socks sock monkey button! It's awesome!

 
At 8:35 a.m., Blogger Lisa said...

Yayyyy!

Now go knit girl!

 
At 12:05 a.m., Blogger Abigail said...

Wow, I think we picked the same yarn for our Trek along! What pattern are you planning on using?

Good luck with your new sock. Once you start you won't be able to stop:D

 
At 8:26 a.m., Blogger miss ewe said...

Hi Abigail... thanks for stopping by. I'm just using the generic Yarn Harlot sock recipe from "Knitting Rules". It's kind of a knit-lik-this-til-it-seems-right kind of pattern. Hopefully it will work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home