Saturday, March 17, 2007

drum roll please

I wish I could be like Oprah. Well, in some ways... basically I wish I had the money to jump up and down and yell "EVERYBODY GETS SOME YARN!" while everyone went nuts. It would be so much fun, it would feel so good... if I could only win the lottery.

Thanks to everyone who sent me "Good Karma" e-mails. Wow, it's an awfully nice feeling to see that in a subject line! People sending you "good karma". I hadn't thought that through at the time, but I like it.

So anyway, without further ado, a random generator (that would be my hand in a hat full of little papers) has selected...

(blogless) Teresa!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have e-mailed you for some info, and then I hope I can find you something fantastic today or tomorrow in the city.

For the rest of you, I think I can safely yell "EVERYBODY GETS SOME STITCH MARKERS!" I will e-mail you for snail mail addresses and send some of my home-mades out in the next couple of weeks. All that generosity, all those great stories... I want everyone to get something tangible back. Maybe they'll even remind us to be generous with the world as often as we can.

(speaking of stitch markers, did anyone see the WICKED stitch markers that Renee made for me??? I LOVE THEM! I will blog properly about this week once I get back to my apartment... )

Thanks to everyone for "playing". I bet I'll do it again so much time, I enjoyed the e-mails so much!

Stay tuned for the full crawl report early next week...

8 Comments:

At 12:04 p.m., Blogger Andrea said...

Wahoo!!! Yay!!! clapping!! Stich markers rock!!! Wahooo!!!!!

(I'm trying to make you feel like Oprah).

 
At 2:14 p.m., Blogger Allegra said...

Those violin stitch markers are AWESOME!!!!!

 
At 6:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Thank you, thank you, Kate. I'm so excited to be the winner. I will be watching for my prize.
The real winners are the charities who received donations and all of us who made them. It is a blessing to be able to help others.

(blogless) Teresa (NC)

 
At 8:24 p.m., Blogger froggiemeanie said...

I didn't make the deadline but I will still make a donation. It is a grand idea. No markers for me! Tardiness is baddddd.

I'm glad you like your wee violins! They were fun.

 
At 10:16 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate,

Loved you violin markers. So cute.

 
At 1:31 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

I'm living vicariously through you on your yarn crawl! Yarn diets be damned!

 
At 6:50 p.m., Blogger Violiknit said...

Oh, those violin stitch markers rock!!!

 
At 10:42 a.m., Blogger Ellie said...

stitch markers! whoopee!
wow - those violin ones are beautiful.
(more things to distract me, but it's all good)
;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home