Saturday, July 08, 2006

it has just come to my attention...

I've been doing some cleaning, tidying, re-organizing of my apartment. It has come to my attention that I have an awful lot of wool. I know, I went on a yarn diet a few weeks back, but that was to appease the budget committee. This is serious. There is a lot of wool here, in a not so large apartment. I am overwhelmed by the fact that I'm not sure I can ever possibly knit all this up. This is compounded by my realization not so long ago that I am not a speedy knitter. There is a lot of freaking wool here people! And different categories of stash: stuff I bought to try but never got to, crappy stuff from when I didn't know any better, and then the really good stuff I don't yet feel worthy to knit.
And still... I got really excited yesterday when I randomly decided to knit a clapotis out of silk garden to go with a pretty summer dress I recently picked up. I drove back and forth across town, trying to find the colorway I wanted, with no luck. Then I picked up the phone and called Brockville (Woolly Lamb), Picton, and Port Hope. No luck. I was halfway to the car to drive to Toronto for it, when the logic bell rang. $40 in gas to buy $70 of stuff I have bins full of? Okay, not that exact stuff, but... I stopped. I have a problem. And no shawl for my pretty dress.
I have to go lay down.

3 Comments:

At 9:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's ok. I'm not very fast, either. We all are gifted different ways, huh? *s*

 
At 9:53 p.m., Blogger Lisa said...

My stash is in the same state...so much yarn, so little time!

 
At 4:32 p.m., Blogger Erin said...

It's ok. I drove 30 miles each way to a shop to get the last skein I needed for my Clapotis-I substituted gauges, so I was short. So in our SUV, it's like $70/tank. However, it was worth it because the shop was so much better than any other one I've been to. I figure, I can spend as much this summer on yarn, because this fall I won't have any money because I'll be a student instead of working. So I'm stashing up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home