arwen, she be doneI told y'all I'd be back when the sweater was done...
Cast on September 11, 2007; Last ends sewn in April 20, 2008.
Knit from Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. Soft and squishy.
Did provisional cast on and attached hem as I knit. Added one cable repeat to each sleeve (for more sleeve circumference) -- divided 4+4 on either side of the centre of the sleeve. (if you knit it, that comment makes more sense).
Also added about four inches in length (I'm not a croppy sweater kind of girl... I'm more of a croppy SHIRT kind of girl, then I need a sweater to cover my belly... see above.)
Kate Gilbert is my hero: this is a gorgeous sweater design. I also got to know Kate a bit while knitting her sweater... through email and also from the design. She has beautiful, complicated things inside her, she's very clever, and she doesn't necessarily like to do things the easy way. I like Kate an awful lot...
There were moments when I didn't know whether the non-typical construction would become anything like a sweater that would fit me. But it did. And the reversible cable makes me excessively happpppyyyyyyy.
I learned how to graft cables for this sweater. Seamlessly. If you look at the centre, top of hood... it is TOUGH to see where it was grafted. I'm pretty proud of myself for that... it took many tries and an abundance of swearing. I probably won't wear the hood much, only to cover my pointy arwenian ears from time to time...
Yep, I'm pretty happy with the whole thing:
special thanks to Broomwood manor for photography (among other things...)